Every year, we love to celebrate Dr. Seuss Day on March 2nd. We like reading many of his 60 Seusstastic Books and doing activities that are inspired by his silly stories. One of our favorite books is Oh, The Places You’ll Go. After reading the story, we set-up an invitation to create a hot air balloon like the one in the story. In this open-ended activity, children can use a variety of art and craft supplies to create their own Hot Air Balloon Art Craft. It is a fun collage craft that is all about creativity, and it’s always fun for children.
How To Make A Hot Air Balloon Art:
- Divided tray
- Small paper plates
- Brown construction paper
- Craft supplies like tissue paper squares, ribbon, Washi tape, pom poms, or buttons
- Art supplies like Kwik Stix, paints, crayons, or markers
You can choose any items you have in your craft supplies.
- Place all of the supplies in a divided tray.
- Cut tissue paper, ribbon, and any other craft supplies if necessary.
Hint: I like to keep a large storage container full of craft supplies, divided into small plastic bags or containers, that are already cut and prepped. It’s a great way to use leftover supplies and scraps too.
- Use a variety of art and craft supplies to decorate a small paper plate and create a balloon. Children may choose to use one of the craft supplies or combine many different supplies together.
- Cut a small square and two long rectangles out of the brown construction paper.
- Glue the two long rectangles onto the small square to create the basket.
- Glue the basket onto the small paper plate.
Your children are sure to love celebrating Dr. Seuss Day with this Hot Air Balloon Process Art Activity. This open-ended activity will let children show their creativity as they work with materials that inspire them to make their own project.
- Make Pine Cone Bird Feeders with the Kids This Spring - May 7, 2018
- Easy Torn Paper Flowers for Kids to Make This Spring - April 16, 2018
- Colorful and Fun Tape Resist Easter Egg Art - March 12, 2018
Leave a Reply