As soon as the stores began to fill with plastic Easter eggs, marshmallow candy, and stuffed bunnies, my children started getting very excited for Easter. We always love to do themed crafts around the holidays, so we made this Easter Egg Roll Painting today. In this process art activity, your children will not only use plastic eggs to paint and create a colorful Easter craft, but they will also work on developing their fine motor skills and hand and eye coordination too.
How To Make An Easter Egg Roll Painting:
- Card Stock
- Washable Tempera Paint (in a variety of colors)
- Plastic Easter Eggs
- Cardboard Box or Cookie Sheet
- Paint Tray or Easter Egg Drying Tray
- Fold a piece of card stock in half. We used white card stock, but we’ve also used pastel colors.
- Draw an arch on the paper to create the shape of an egg.
- Cut out the egg.
- Unfold the paper and place it in a cardboard box (like a shirt box) or on a baking sheet. You may want to secure it to the box with a piece of tape.
- Pour the paint into the paint tray or Easter egg drying tray. If you don’t have a tray, you can also separate the paint colors on a paper plate.
- Dip the plastic Easter egg into one paint color and place it in the cardboard box or on the cookie sheet.
- Move the cardboard box or cookie sheet all around. The Easter egg will move and leave streaks of paint on the paper.
- Remove the paper egg and let it dry.
Your children are sure to have fun painting and creating this Easter Egg Roll Painting. My children love this process art activity so much that they created at least a dozen colorful Easter eggs. We poked holes in each painting, strung them together with a piece of yarn, and created an Easter egg garland that we hung from our mantel. It’s the perfect decoration for a the up-coming holiday!
Latest posts by Karen (see all)
- How to Make Puffy Paint Pumpkins for a Fall Art Activity - October 11, 2017
- How to Make a Paper Plate Apple Lacing Activity for Preschoolers - September 11, 2017
- Color Sorting Preschool Apple Activity - August 21, 2017