Channel your inner farmer with these super fun farm animal finger puppets! Use them for everything from farm-themed lesson plans to circle time. Let your imagination run wild to help engage your kids as they have fun! They’ll probably soon be asking you if their farm friends can come out to play!
Farm Animal Finger Puppets
The Use of Puppets During Circle Time and Transitions
In the countless hours my students and I have spent in circle time, nothing quite catches the interest of young children like puppets, songs, and fingerplays. There is something magical about telling a story or a rhyme while engaging the senses with silly and fun puppets.
We’ve got a ton of great songs that you can use with the farm animal finger puppets! Choose your favorite below and find a whole list of songs around that theme. You can use these adorable finger puppets to bop and groove along!
- Farm Songs for Kids
- The Best Animal Songs for Kids
- Rhyming Songs for Kids
- The Best Nursery Rhymes for Children
- Fingerplays that Educate and Entertain
- Silly Songs for Kids
The best part? These mesmerizing puppets don’t need to be fancy or expensive! Simple printed finger puppets are perfect for inviting children to participate during the rhyme or story and have a blast doing so. As a bonus, these rhymes and sing-alongs build oral language, vocabulary, and communication skills – so it’s a total win-win!
These adorable finger puppets are available as a free printable! Simply enter your e-mail below and we’ll send them right over.
How to make your Farm Animal Finger Puppets
- Download the free printable farm animal finger puppets.
- Print the document and cut the finger puppets out.
- Roll the finger puppet flaps into a ring big enough to snuggly fit your finger through it.
- Glue or tape the flaps to keep the ring shape in place.
- Have fun acting out stories, songs, and rhymes to engage your littles!
Teaching with a Farm Theme
Moo-ve over because these free printable farm animal finger puppets are ideal for every farm theme! Preschoolers adore farm animals and all the magical parts of a working farm. Kids of all ages have a natural fascination with farm animals and farm life. Maybe it’s because we quickly teach our youngest all the different sounds animals make. Farm theme remains an absolute favorite preschool theme!
For a free printable list of our favorite preschool themes, simply fill out your name and e-mail address in the form below! Or see our ultimate list of preschool themes.
Additional Ways to Use the Farm Animal Finger Puppets
- Count each animal on each finger to develop number sense and one-to-one correspondence. Take some finger puppets off and count how many you took away and how many are left – a great introduction to subtraction!
- Add velcro dots to the backs of each finger puppet and create a felt board story.
- Print twice and cut out each animal and use with our farm ten-frame counting mats.
- Read books about farm animals and invite the finger puppets to talk in silly voices or use animal sounds.
- Make a few extra sets and invite students to use their imagination to tell stories to each other.
Grab Your FREE Farm Friends Finger Puppets Here
Just fill out the form below and we’ll send them right over!