One of my favorite concepts to teach to preschoolers is the life cycle of a butterfly! What an incredible process it is going from the egg to the caterpillar into a chrysalis and finally transforming into an amazing butterfly. We always love hands on activities to help reinforce the concepts, and today’s post is just that! It is a simple diorama that you can enjoy making with little ones created by Marta.
I love how fantastic these are:
To make this awesome diorama, you will need the following:
- Cardstock to print leaves and flower background
- Paper towel roll (or wrapping paper roll)
- Glue or tape
- Origami butterfly
- Pipe cleaner
- Craft pearls or comparable substitute
The instructions to make your diorama are all included in this printable: Butterfly Life Stages diorama
As you can see through the pictures, the egg is represented through the pearl, the pipe cleaner is the caterpillar, the chrysalis is the paper towel roll, and the Origami butterfly is the grand finale.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
We also thought you might enjoy these titles from Amazon. Any purchase made through these links helps support Preschool Inspirations at no extra cost to you.
- Teaching Neurodivergent Children in Early Childhood Education - January 8, 2024
- Creating Musical Memories: Teaching Music in Preschool - October 6, 2023
- How to Include STEAM in Preschool Lesson Plans - June 30, 2023