I love the power of music with young children! Not only do we love to sing and dance because it is fun but because it is one of the best ways to learn. When I am trying to teach my children a new concept or idea, I always light up when I find that “perfect song” to go with what we are studying or interested in.
Most recently I ran across a “new to me” and super fun DVD music series made by Mother Goose Time called Dance ‘n Beats. My class has just absolutely loved dancing to this program! I reached out to the company and asked for their newest dance DVD in exchange for a review.
Here are some of our favorite aspects:
- It is made by a company that creates curriculum, so learning concepts are incorporated all throughout the songs.
- There is a new DVD each month with a theme that interests young children.
- It is great for toddlers, preschoolers, and older.
- Dance movements are easy to follow for children (and adults).
- It increases gross motor and fine motor skills as well as using important movements such as crossing the midline.
- They include a teacher workbook with dance motions pictured in an easy to learn format and fun learning activities that match the theme of the DVD.
We received a copy of the DVD called Dancing With Birds and Eggs, and the class was so interested in it that we decided to add birds to our curriculum theme. These would be great at home, in preschool, or in a family child care program. My class and my own children ask to dance to it regularly, and I am happy to know that they can enjoy a quality interactive program while learning at the same time.
To find out more about Dance ‘n Beats or to see the other DVD themes that are available, you can click here.