Check out these Printable Playdough Mats for Preschool! Playdough is one of the best materials for preschoolers, and it has so many fine motor and sensory benefits.
Playing with playdough is not only fun, but it is a great way to increase hand strength and build hand-eye coordination skills! There are 10 playdough mats with different preschool themes to choose from:
- House (great with an All About Me theme)
- Rocket Ship
- Hot Air Balloon (perfect for transportation)
- And Ice Cream
Print the 10 playdough mats below!
Playdough Mats for Preschool!
Give your child whichever playdough mat they like the best and see where their creativity takes them! All it takes is two simple steps to get started.
- Print out the playdough mats (download is below)
- Laminate them or put them in a pocket protector
This activity is open-ended, meaning there is no right or wrong way to use them. After they are finished, ask your little learners about their creations. Do they have a favorite color or a favorite part of their playdough masterpiece? This builds social connection as well as vocabulary.
Playing with playdough gives us a chance to build shape and color vocabulary. Plus, they are strengthening their hands as they create! If you have a child who loves art or fine motor activities, be sure to print out Fun Coloring Pages for more creative discoveries with markers and crayons.
Printable Playdough Mats
Not only is playing with playdough super fun, but it’s great for building hand and finger strength. While creating something new, your little one will chop, poke, break, roll, pinch, pound, and flatten. This workout will eventually pave the way for grasping a pencil and manipulating scissors.
Your little ones will be learning through many of their senses. Listen to what your little ones say while they work, you might learn something new!
Kool Aid Playdough Recipe!
Want a fun twist on playdough? I have an exciting Strawberry Kool Aid Playdough Recipe to share with you! This recipe is easy to make, smells fantastic, and is safe for your little ones in case they put it in their mouths.
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon alum
- 2 packs unsweetened strawberry Kool Aid
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Mix together 3 cups flour, 1/2 cup salt, 1 tablespoon alum, and 2 packs of unsweetened strawberry Kool Aid.
- Next, add 2 cups boiling water and 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Use a spoon to mix it all together. As it cools, you can use your hands to really get it mixed.
- Add flour as needed to get rid of any stickiness.
- Take a big sniff. It smells fantastic!
I hope you enjoyed these Printable Playdough Mats for Preschool by Amanda of The Holly Dolly Blog! Be sure to check out more fun preschool printables at The Hollydog Blog to build fine motor skills and boost creativity.