If you are in need of preschool professional development credits, you have come to the right place!
I am partnering with ChildCare Education Institute (CCEI) to share the top 5 online trainings for preschool teachers. These trainings are some of the most essential topics in ECE today. In many cases, some of these topics can be challenging to find training courses for.
CCEI is our favorite online preschool professional development provider and is a name you can trust to get your IACET CEU’s and childcare training hours from. The best part? CCEI courses are research-based and easy to incorporate into your day. The information is pertinent, laser-focused and designed with your time in mind! The flexibility of the trainings makes it easy to get your hours in on your schedule, whether that’s from the comfort of your home or at work during nap time.
5 Online Trainings for Preschool Teachers
I am highlighting five top-rated courses for ECE teachers that you definitely should have in your wheelhouse! You will be amazed at how quickly you will fly through these courses while walking away with a wealth of information! With over 150 English and Spanish training courses available, CCEI has many options for professional development for preschool teachers.
The Importance of Play in Early Childhood
Did you know there are six different types of play? Yes, six! The “power of play” is more complex than what we give it credit for. Not only is play fun, but it is also full of learning in a young child’s world!
When you make your weekly lesson plan, fill it with play. Today’s world tends to be academically focused and overly structured, which sometimes doesn’t leave much room for play. On the flip side, many children also spend way too many hours engaging with screens, rather than engaging with toys and other humans. Daily play opportunities are crucial to a child’s present and future development.
Upon course completion of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the crucial importance and benefits of play
- Understand how play positively impacts development, decision-making and problem solving skills
- Identify and incorporate the types of play
- Incorporate play in your daily routine as an early childhood caregiver/teacher
This course will teach you why it’s more than okay to play and will emphasize how impactful frequent play opportunities are for children.
Science with Young Children
Are you seeking new, fun, engaging ideas to add to your daily science lessons and activities? Maybe the idea of teaching life science overwhelms and intimidates you. Well, don’t fret. Go beyond having just a class plant. This course is designed for all early childhood educators, no matter where you are in your life science journey.
Science should be hands-on, engaging, and fun. Children are natural scientists as they are constantly questioning, hypothesizing, testing, and drawing conclusions about the world around them. This course emphasizes that words like observe, explore, experiment, and play should be at the forefront of the science curriculum in an ECE classroom.
Upon course completion, you’ll be able to:
- Execute engaging hands-on life science activities in your classroom
- Set up developmentally appropriate classroom learning centers for your little scientists
- Create an understanding of the needs and characteristics of living things, cycles of nature, and how humans impact our environment
- Integrate daily experiences where students get the opportunity to observe, investigate and grow as scientists
Don’t miss this opportunity to help make your classroom the best little life science laboratory around for your young scientists!
When it comes to early childhood, safety is absolutely the first priority. These three courses from CCEI will not only help you provide a safe environment for your class, but they will also help you meet your state’s mandatory safety training hour quota.
Indoor Safety in the Early Childhood Setting
This course starts off by sharing a startling statistic: “According to the CDC, there are close to 70 million emergency room and physicians’ office visits for unintentional injuries each year in America.” The curious nature of children means that it is easy for children to find potential hazards. While accidents happen, many are avoidable with a trained eye and intentional preparation. This course teaches a wide array of indoor safety topics. Upon course completion, you’ll have a strong working knowledge of:
- Poison control
- Appropriate play space/room arrangement
- Keeping high traffic areas safe
- Injury prevention and how to identify common indoor injuries
- Child supervision and how it strongly correlates with safety
After educating yourself on these tips, you will feel confident each day knowing that you are being proactive to avoid accidents and giving children a safe place to explore and learn in.
Outdoor Safety in the Early Childhood Setting
Outdoor play is an important part of a preschooler’s day, but it does come with some potential hazards. Did you know that most playground injuries are due to falls, many from a piece of playground equipment onto the ground? It is up to you to ensure their playground is safe and free of potential hazards. This outdoor safety course will teach you how to ensure a safe outdoor play environment and how to anticipate any potential outdoor hazards. The two main areas of focus in this course are physical environment and safe practices and policies. Upon course completion, you’ll be able to:
- Describe ways to identify and prevent outdoor-related injuries
- Identify the four basic components of playground safety
- Identify potential playground and environmental hazards
- Identify water safety practices
- Identify potential poison risks in an outdoor setting and how to prevent accidental poisoning
The outside world is their playground. Use this course so you know you are doing all you can to help keep your kiddos safe during outdoor recess/playtime!
Child Abuse: Signs of Abuse and Reporting Requirements for Early Childhood Professionals
Have you ever wondered what your responsibilities are as a mandatory reporter? This course will answer this crucial question and so many more! All early childhood teachers and caregivers need to be aware of the signs and responsibilities that come along with mandatory reporting. We are not only a safe haven in our children’s lives, we are their voice!
This course delves into the history of child abuse laws, specifically breaks down the types of child abuse and signs of each, and focuses on listening, observing, and documenting red flags related to the children in your care. Upon course completion, you’ll be able to:
- Understand what it means to be a mandatory reporter and how to take those actions, when necessary
- Document and keep specific records on injuries, suspected abuse, etc.
- Identify signs/behavorial indicators of the four types of child abuse: physical, emotional, sexual and neglect
- Understand how to ask children in your care open-ended questions that may be pertinent to potential abuse concerns
This could be one of the most important courses you take that could have a significant impact on the children in your care! Sign up and learn how to be the best advocate you can be for your precious kiddos!
More About CCEI
ChildCare Education Institute provides high-quality, research-based online training courses and programs relevant to those who work in a myriad of child care settings, including:
- Center-based care
- Head Start
- Home child care
- Pre-K classrooms
- After school programs
- And so much more
It is one of the top accredited institutions for online training for preschool teachers and early childhood caregivers that meet licensing, recognition program, and Head Start Requirements.
CCEI also offers online national certification programs for national credentials including the Director’s Certificate, CDA, CDA Renewal, FCCPC, and Early Childhood Credentials. CCEI is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and is accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
All your online early childhood professional development training needs are right here in one trusted online source! Today is the day to sign up with CCEI and take a step toward a safer, more engaging, play-centered classroom for you and your precious kiddos!
- DIY Animal Puzzle - October 31, 2022
- How to use Question of the Day for Circle Time - August 5, 2022
- Why Potty Training is Failing - June 18, 2022
How much is courses fee?