It’s no secret that I adore ice cube molds! Some of the greatest activities with children come from the simplest items, and this is no exception. Ice cube trays and molds as well as silicon molds are very versatile, and they make for amazing play activities. There is a super affordable selection from IKEA, and the Dollar Store has seasonal ones that we use on a regular basis too. We have a growing collection at our house, and I honestly feel that one can never have too many.
So now I present to you 19 incredible ways to use an ice cube tray while getting the kids involved:
11. One Perfect Day came up with a way to make crayons, and you don’t even need to put them in the oven! I wish I had seen this ages ago.
12. Life Lesson Plans filled their sensory bin with these fun rainbow colored ice castle pieces. Building with ice unit blocks is brilliant in my book.
As you can see, there are SO many awesome ideas to do with ice cube trays. Writing this post has probably taken my adoration to the official “obsession” level. Let’s just say that there will definitely be a part 2 to this in the future!
For now, feel free to peruse my Ice Cube Tray pinterest board for other great ideas.
Latest posts by Katie T. Christiansen (see all)
- Preschool Christmas Activities - November 25, 2019
- The Best Preschool Christmas Crafts - November 13, 2019
- How to Get a CDA Credential to Become a Preschool Teacher - November 5, 2019