Make a fun animal puzzle that kids can scramble up in different ways and play with over and over again. I love that little learners can mix and match different parts of the animals. Plus, it’s a great way to bring new life to a recycled paper towel roll. This is perfect for an animal theme, one of our favorite preschool themes.
DIY Animal Puzzle for Kids
This brilliant idea came from one of our favorite new books, “Cut and Color Crafts for Kids.” It has 35 activities for kids to make. My seven-year-old daughter loves making these, and many of them she can do herself too.
As a preschool teacher, I love that these are a simple animal puzzle that the kids enjoy playing with. If you are doing an animal theme, these would also go well with:
- Animal template from “Cut and Color Crafts for Kids”
- Crayons or markers
- Paper towel tubes
- Construction paper – we used paper that was 6 inches tall
- Paper Cutter (optional)
- Use the super fun animal templates from the book, “Cut and Color Crafts for kids” by Kimberly McLeod. We copied ours on our printer so we can use it over and over again.
- Have your little learner color the animal templates. Cut it out, or if the child is older, they can cut it.
- Then, glue each animal to the colored construction paper. We used a different color for each animal to make it extra preschool friendly. To make it more challenging, use just one color.
- Cut the animals into 2-inch strips to separate the head, body, and bottom. Cut the paper towel rolls into 2 inches as well.
- Tape the animal strips to the paper towel tubes and trim off the excess paper.
Now it’s time to let the children combine them to make fun animal puzzles! Let them mix and match and enjoy the process of playing with their DIY animal puzzle.
- DIY Animal Puzzle - October 31, 2022
- How to use Question of the Day for Circle Time - August 5, 2022
- Why Potty Training is Failing - June 18, 2022
Leave a Reply