Inside: Fall lesson plans that are purposeful, full of literature-based resources, and developmentally appropriate.
Fall lessons are the perfect way to teach the magic this new season has to offer and the excitement of leaves changing color. Fall is a fantastic preschool theme, and it’s easy to see why: gorgeous weather, savory snacks and scents, as well as special traditions.
Not only is fall fun for teachers with taste tests, fall decor, fall books, and fun fall games. But for little ones, it’s full of truly memorable moments that include pumpkin carving, tasting pumpkin seeds, dressing up in costume, as well as, celebrating a traditional holiday full of thanks and family.
Fall Lesson Plans
Fall days are simply wonder-fall! Incorporate some of these fun learning ideas into your fall/autumn theme!
- Fall Songs – Songs are such a great way to learn new things…all while keeping your body and voice busy! These fall preschool songs are sure to be a big hit with your preschoolers as you sing about pumpkins, leaves, and apples too!
- Fall Science – Apples, pumpkins, and gourds — oh my! Preschoolers learn about the life cycle of many seasonal plants, including apples and pumpkins. This is also a great time to teach about the magic of nature as we learn how the apple grows from a mature apple tree, yet a pumpkin grows from a long and tangly green vine. Build on the excitement of a new season with these mesmerizing fall sensory bottles and these must-try simple fall science activities.
- Fall Weather – Fall also lends itself to conversations about weather and the discovery of cool breezes and chilly nights. Preschoolers love a weather theme because they can relate to the changes and make sense of the world around them. Catch some beautiful autumn rays with a pumpkin suncatcher!
- Fall Art – Get artsy with the classic colors of fall (red, orange, yellow, and brown) with this puffy paint fall art or this adorable apple lacing activity.
- Fall Books – Whether you are looking for books about the fall season or the perfect pumpkin books for Halloween, these book lists are the perfect resource!
- Fall Math and Literacy – Bring this theme to life with a fall alphabet fine motor practice and these adorable fall counting or sorting activities. Infuse the pumpkin excitement with this pumpkin writing center and fall literacy activity.
Hands-on Preschool Fall Activities
Our Early Childhood Lesson Plans have the perfect mix of activities for Fall learning! With 24 different and super engaging activities, including everything from music to art and science to related book lists, these lesson plans will make planning for this theme a breeze!
Daily Fall Lesson Plans
If you are looking for daily or weekly lesson plan ideas, look no further! Perfect for a planned out theme with cross-curricular connections, this fall lesson plan unit on Preschool Teacher 101 is a great find!
Looking for lesson plan ideas for your home preschool? Look no further! These Fall themed plans are designed for full or half-day at home preschool.
These fantastic Fall printables (or Fall counting mats) are perfect for quick, hands-on practice across the content areas.
- April Preschool Themes You’ll Love! - March 21, 2023
- March Preschool Themes - February 22, 2023
- Alliteration Activities - August 26, 2022
Leave a Reply